Occult and Battery (A Bay Island Psychic Mystery)
2nd in Series
Berkley (April 4, 2017)
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
E-Book ASIN: B01J2STXD0
A murder mystery weekend becomes a little too real in the latest Bay Island Psychic Mystery from the author of Death at First Sight—
Cass Donovan uses her skills as a former psychiatrist to get away with pretending to be psychic, but she’s not about to let anyone get away with murder…
The outlook is not so good for Cass’s psychic shop, Mystical Musings. With winter winds discouraging tourists from riding the ferry from Long Island to Bay Island, Cass hopes to draw in more customers by hosting a murder mystery weekend, complete with a séance, in a supposedly haunted mansion.
But Cass begins to lose her spirit when her ex-husband shows up, along with his fiancée—Cass’s ex-best friend. Then, after one of the guests is found dead, a blizzard blows in, trapping everyone inside with a murderer. Now Cass must divine who did the deed before her reputation and her livelihood fade away.
Amazon * B&N * Penguin/ Random House * Kobo * Books-a-Million * Target
Things You Didn’t Know About Lena Gregory
I always enjoy getting to know my readers, so I figure what better way to start than to share a little about myself. I’d love for you to leave a comment below sharing some things people don’t know about you and telling me if you share any of my interests!
- My husband and I live on the south shore of eastern Long Island. We have three amazing kids, ages twenty-six, eighteen and six. Yes, my little guy came as quite a very happy surprise! And I am extremely family oriented. I enjoy nothing more than spending time with my husband and kids.
- I absolutely love big dogs. At the moment, we have a Golden Retriever, a Weimaraner, and an Australian Shepherd. I lost my Bernese Mountain Dog/ Golden Retriever mix two years ago, and my heart is still broken. When my daughter and son-in-law finish building their house and move out, they’ll take two of the dogs with them, and then I’ll get a couple more. Of course, we’ll check out the animal shelter first when the time comes, but I would love another Bernese Mountain Dog, a Leonberger, or a Rhodesian Ridgeback. What do you think?
- I am a master at procrastination. I don’t have a lot of writing time, but sometimes, when I do sit down to write, I just can’t seem to get going. So I tell myself there are important things I have to do before I can start writing. The first of those is usually facebook, because there might be something interesting I “need” to know. I love to chat with readers, my agent, and other authors, so I often hang out there for a bit. Then I check all of my emails, because, you know, something really important that wasn’t there five minutes ago, might be there now. And then I head for twitter. By the time I finish all of that, I’m usually hungry so, I grab a snack, then finally sit down to get started.
- I am addicted to Diet Pepsi and chocolate!
- I have worked many jobs, some I loved, others not as much. I was a dance teacher and choreographer for more than twenty years. When my daughter was in high school I choreographed and co-directed several high school musicals. I also worked in a deli, which will feature in a mystery I’m currently outlining. And I cleaned houses in the Hamptons, which gave me more material than you could imagine for a future cozy mystery series.
- I am painfully shy. As much as I love socializing and even meeting new people, I do much better one on one than I do in a group.
- I believe in ghosts, and they do feature in my first series, as well as a second series I am currently outlining.
- I am very high strung and rarely relax. I go from the time I get up around 6:30 am until the time I go to bed, anywhere between 12:30 and 2:00 am. I talk fast, I move fast, and I always have a list a mile long of things I have to get finished in a day. Of course, I usually forget or misplace the list, so it doesn’t always help much.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know if you share any of those same traits.
About the Author
Lena lives in a small town on the south shore of eastern Long Island with her husband and three children.
When she was growing up, she spent many lazy afternoons on the beach, in the yard, anywhere she could find to curl up with a good book. She loves reading as much now as she did then, but she now enjoys the added pleasure of creating her own stories.
Check out the other blogs on this tour
April 4 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – REVIEW
April 5 – Laura’s Interests – REVIEW
April 5 – 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &, Sissy, Too! – SPOTLIGHT
April 6 – Socrates’ Book Reviews – REVIEW
April 6 – StoreyBook Reviews – GUEST POST, SPOTLIGHT
April 7 – Bookworm Mom – REVIEW, GUEST POST
April 7 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
April 8 – I Wish I Lived in a Library – REVIEW
April 9 – Island Confidential – INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
April 10 – Bibliophile Reviews – REVIEW
April 10 – Moonlight Rendezvous – REVIEW
April 11 – A Holland Reads – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
April 12 – Community Bookstop – REVIEW
April 13 – Brooke Blogs – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
April 14 – Cozy Up With Kathy – REVIEW, GUEST POST
April 15 – Readeropolis – REVIEW
April 15 – Paranormal and Romantic Suspense Reviews – CHARACTER GUEST POST, SPOTLIGHT
April 16 – Melina’s Book Blog – REVIEW
April 16 – Author Annette Drake’s blog – INTERVIEW
April 17 – Jersey Girl Book Reviews – REVIEW